License Information

2022 Hunting License Information

Hunting Fees

All Products with a fee are subject to 13% HST

Outdoors Card

Ontario Outdoors Card$8.57
a valid Outdoors Card is required for all resident and non-resident hunters who wish to purchase hunting licenses.

White-tailed Deer

Resident Deer License$43.86
Farmer’s Deer License$25.14
Resident Additional Deer Tag$43.86
Non-Resident Deer License$240.81
Non-Resident Additional Deer Tag$240.81


Application Fee$15.00
Resident Moose License$35.29
Calf Tag$30.00
Cow/Calf Tag$150.00
Bull Tag$200.00
Non-resident Moose License$479.86


Resident Elk Draw Application$15.00
Resident Elk License$48.25

Black Bear

Resident Bear License$43.86
Resident Second Bear Tag$43.86
Non-Resident Bear License$240.81
License to Provide Bear Hunting Services$35.00
NOTE: Contact your NDMNRF district office to purchase.

Wild Turkey

Resident Turkey Tag (spring)$26.33
Resident Turkey Tag (fall)$26.33
Non-Resident Turkey Tag (spring)$30.33
Non-Resident Turkey Tag (fall)$30.33

White-tailed Deer

Resident Wolf/Coyote Tag$10.05
Non-Resident Wolf/Coyote Tag$255.57
NOTE: A wolf/coyote tag is required in some Wildlife Management Units.

Small Game

Resident Small Game License$22.76
Resident Small Game License (3-year)$68.28
Non-Resident Small Game License$121.52
Non-Resident Small Game License (3-year)$364.56


General Falconry License$19.81
Commercial Falconry License$198.13
NOTE: Contact your local NDMNRF district office to apply.

Hunting Dogs

Resident Hunting Dog License$12.21
Non-Resident Dog License$15.21
NOTE: Required where dogs are permitted for hunting deer, moose, bear and raccoon.


Guide License$7.68
NOTE: Required for guiding non-resident hunters in the territorial district of Rainy River and for guiding migratory bird hunters on Lake St. Clair. Only Ontario residents or Canadian citizens are eligible for a Guide License. Contact your local NDMNRF district office to purchase.

Other Permits

Migratory Game Birds

To hunt migratory game birds (e.g. waterfowl, common snipe, woodcock and mourning dove) in Ontario, you must have: a federal Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit and a Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp, as well as an Outdoors Card and Small Game License. This includes hunting these species with falconry birds or non-indigenous falconry birds. You may buy a Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp at any post office or online at

How to Buy Licenses or Buy/Renew Outdoors Card

  1. Online: visit to use the Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service
  2. Phone: call 1-800-288-1155 (toll-free) and use the automated telephone system
  3. In Person: visit a participating Service Ontario or license issuer

Note: Online and phone services accept VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and Debit MasterCard

An Outdoors Card will be automatically mailed to you after you have completed your card purchase. You will still be able to hunt while you wait for your Outdoors Card to arrive in the mail by using your License Summary, which will list your valid Outdoors Card. If you do not have access to a printer to print your License Summary from your account you can visit a participating Service Ontario or license issuer to have it printed (a fee may apply).

Know your Wildlife Management Unit (WMU)

The province of Ontario is subdivided into 95 wildlife management units (WMUs). Some WMUs are split into sub-units. Each WMU has customized hunting regulations for:

  • game you can hunt
  • open season dates
  • permitted methods of hunting

It’s your responsibility to:

  • know which WMU you are hunting in
  • know and follow the hunting regulations for that WMU

Wildlife Management Unit Information

Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary